Sunshine Coast, British Columbia (December 2, 2022) – Sunshine Coast Tourism (SCT) elected the 2022/23 Board of Directors at its Annual General Meeting in the Rainbow Room at the Rodmay Hotel on November 9, 2022, in Powell River, BC.
Sunshine Coast Tourism’s board is structured with both geographical and sector positions for a balanced representation of partners across the entire Sunshine Coast region from Langdale to Lund. The Sunshine Coast Tourism Elected board members for 2022-23:
- Christine Hollmann, Terracentric Coastal Adventures – President & Member At Large, North
- Gary Bearchell, Cabins on the Coast – Vice-President & Small Accommodations & Campgrounds rep
- Heather Newman, Pointhouse Suites on Sargeant Bay – Treasurer & Large Accommodations, South
- Theressa Logan, Sunshine Coast Air – Secretary & Recreation rep
- J.L. (Jack) Barr, Powell River Town Centre Hotel / Beach Gardens Resort & Marina – Past-President & (Large Accommodations, North)
- John Hermsen, Footprint Kayak & Hike Explorations – Member at Large, North
- Shangxuan Ma, Gibsons Garden Hotel – Large Accommodations, South
- Jamie Mani, Alpha Adventures – Member at Large, South
- Gina Ray, Tapworks Brewing Company – Member At Large, South
- Chris Tait, Klahoose Wilderness Resort – Large Accommodations, North
- Linda Williams, Coast Cultural Alliance – Arts, Culture, & Heritage rep
New President Christine Hollmann takes over from Jack Barr, who served as board president for four years and will now sit as Past President.
"I’m proud of the organization's achievements throughout the pandemic and our ongoing work as a leader in sustainable destination management,” said Hollman, co-owner of Terracentric Coastal Adventures. “Recovery and resilience require a unified approach, and I look forward to continued engagement with our local governments, community partners and stakeholders across the Coast.”
All tourism-related businesses and organizations within the qathet and Sunshine Coast Regional Districts can register with Sunshine Coast Tourism for free. Registered partners can access the stakeholder portal, which provides free industry resources and information, the ability to opt-in to various SCT programs, and the opportunity to learn more about and participate in the organization’s activities. Registration information is used to create/update the public business directory listing on the SCT website. Register now at sunshinecoastcanada.com/join.
Sunshine Coast Tourism (SCT) is a non-profit destination marketing organization (DMO) established in 2008 to promote and manage BC’s Sunshine Coast as an unparalleled destination for discerning travellers. The organization’s mandate is to cultivate a sustainable year-round tourism economy while protecting and respecting the region’s natural environment and cultural diversity. SCT is committed to facilitating the evolution of the Sunshine Coast as a travel destination that is consistent with the values of its Indigenous communities, residents, local business, and stakeholders across the region.