General Guidelines for Exploring Safely and Responsibly
Here are some guidelines for exploring our communities safely and responsibly. Follow the direction of the Provincial Health Officer and keep up to date on changing guidelines and regulations.
- Do not travel if you are sick.
- Practice 2 metres physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Reduce your contact in communities by bringing essentials with you.
- Explore with your family or immediate cluster only.
- Avoid large groups and gatherings.
- Plan ahead and book activities, accommodation, and experiences in advance.
- Respect the safety procedures enacted by the businesses you visit.
- Adhere to any local closures or restricted access to communities.
Tips for Being Safe While Participating in Outdoors Activities
- Bring a ‘Clean Trip Kit’ (hand sanitizer, gloves, and toilet paper).
- If an area is congested, be patient or change your plans.
- Practice low-risk activities and recreation.
- While hiking or biking, move off the trail to take breaks.
- Be wildfire and wildlife safe.
- Pack in and pack out. Do not leave anything behind.
- Stay informed and respect any trail, beach, park, or local area closures as posted.
- Be AdventureSmart at all times and follow the 3 T’s: Trip Plan, Train, and Take Essentials.
We encourage everyone planning a trip to the Sunshine Coast to explore safely, responsibly, and respectfully. We’re all visitors on the traditional territories of the Tla’amin, Klahoose, shíshálh, and Skwxwú7mesh nations.